What we offer?
Veoneer, Inc. is a worldwide leader in automotive technology. Our purpose is to create trust in mobility. We design, manufacture and sell state-of-the-art software, hardware and systems for occupant protection, advanced driving assistance systems, and collaborative and automated driving to OEMs globally. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Veoneer has 7,500 employees in 11 countries. The Company is building on a heritage of close to 70 years of automotive safety development. In 2018, Veoneer became an independent, publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: VNE) and on the Nasdaq Stockholm (SSE: VNE SDB)."
What you'll do?
The Standard Component Technical Leader (SCTL) is the technical leader responsible for electronic components defined as ‘Standard Discrete Components’ in the Veoneer Component Development Process. This includes a subset of the integrated circuits, all discrete active components and all discrete passive components. The primary responsibility is to act as the global engineering single point of contact between component suppliers and:
- Platform and Application teams
- Supplier Quality
Additionally, the SCTL will be relied upon to define and maintain processes and methods specific to standard component development.
- Analyze compatibility of passive and discrete components based on datasheet
- Lead dual sourcing initiative and streamline analysis process allowing for a faster part shortage response rate
- Provide Technical support for critical supplier related quality issues
- Support component database management
- Develop and/or review supplier component qualification plans according to automotive industry standards such as AEC-Q100/101/200, JEDEC, MIL-STD, etc
- Review component change notices (PCN’s/SREA’s), evaluating issues and risks to the projects
- Develop and drive reliability/risk assessment activities for component issues from production line or failures from the field
- Be the link between component suppliers and engineering, supporting component selection and sourcing process.
- Follow supplier’s roadmap and technology development
- Work closely with purchasing and supplier quality to develop suppliers, based on purchasing strategy.
What you'll bring
- Working knowledge of the AEC, JEDEC, MIL-STD specifications.
- Experienced in Quality Risk Management Tools: Ishikawa, FMEA, FTA, 8D and statistics required.
- Knowledgeable in electronic component test processes
- Familiar with semiconductor manufacturing processes, different fab technologies and package assemblies
- Experienced in Quality Risk Management Tools: FMEA, FTA, 8D
- Ability to interpret application and component schematics
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to multi-task
- Excellent communication and coordination skills, both written and verbal
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Previous experience in automotive electronics development and circuit design
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the electronics industry