What we offer?
Veoneer, Inc. is a worldwide leader in automotive technology. Our purpose is to create trust in mobility. We design, manufacture and sell state-of-the-art software, hardware and systems for occupant protection, advanced driving assistance systems, and collaborative and automated driving to OEMs globally. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Veoneer has 7,500 employees in 11 countries. The Company is building on a heritage of close to 70 years of automotive safety development. In 2018, Veoneer became an independent, publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: VNE) and on the Nasdaq Stockholm (SSE: VNE SDB)."
What you'll do?
- Develop and maintain all required documentation, such as block diagrams, schematics, BOMs, and test plans
- Perform theoretical circuit block FMEA utilizing PC based FMEA software and perform FMEA verification
- Work with ECAD to develop a board layout compliant to manufacturing and EMC requirements
- Work with Product Assurance to develop concept and design validation test requirements and plans
- Perform Worst Case, Monte Carlo, Stress/Thermal Analysis, and Bench Testing to reliably meet quality and performance requirements from both the customer and Veoneer
- Collaborate with layout engineers, mechanical engineers, validation engineers, software engineers, manufacturing engineers and other teams
- Perform design/debug investigations and support development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities
- Participate and/or Lead the Design Reviews of the ECU
What you'll bring:
- Minimum Bachelor's Science Degree, Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Strong problem solving and hands-on debugging skills with a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms
- Creativity in helping to drive technology into our company
- Self-driven attitude and a proactive approach in completing tasks
- Design experience in analog/digital electronic circuits for automotive application
- Experience with the implementation of communication protocols such as CAN, SPI, PSI5, Ethernet, PCIe, USB, DDRx etc.
- Experience in PCB layout, RF/EMI/EMC/ESD mitigation technique, simulation and power distribution techniques of modern processors
- Experience with Signal and Power Integrity simulation and testing
- Experience testing and validating motherboards in the laboratory
- Experiences in various software tools such as Mathcad, Pspice, Matlab, IQ-RM, Excel, Word, Doors, Altium
- Experience in reading component datasheets
- Strong knowledge in using an Oscilloscope, its available trigger settings as well as using various probes to look at characteristics of signals of interest.
- Multimeter, Logic Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer, Power supplies, Function/Waveform Generator
- Communication Data Simulators (CAN, SPI, Ethernet, etc.)