Veoneer is an automotive technology company, a world leader in active safety and restraint control systems, focused on delivering innovative, best-in-class products and solutions to our customers. Our purpose is to create trust in mobility. Veoneer is a Tier-1 hardware supplier and system integrator with products being part of more than 125 scheduled vehicle launches for 2022. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Veoneer has 6,100 employees in 11 countries. The Company is building on a heritage of close to 70 years of automotive safety development.
Veoneer’s thermal sensing system uses an infrared camera mounted in the front grille of the vehicle that senses heat differences as sensitive as a tenth of a degree to create a highly detailed thermal image of the world out in front of the vehicle. An on-board computer (ECU) runs custom algorithms to detect animals, pedestrians and cyclists up to 100 meters ahead of the vehicle and reacts in less than 150 milliseconds to detect and highlight animals and pedestrians on an in-car display.
Thermal sensing systems help drivers see objects 3-4 times farther than the vehicle headlight range and improve visibility in fog, smoke and on-coming headlight scenarios.
What you'll do?
- You will have the chance to participate in the development of state-of-the-art automotive safety systems, that ultimately save lives and reduce traffic injuries
- Daily activities include: algorithm requirement engineering, design and documentation of the concept, implementation for the target platform using C/C++, usage of dedicated simulation environments for testing
- You will be part of a team which defines, creates and customizes the Thermal Sensing products
- To assure that the project is developed according to Veoneer quality strategy
What you'll bring
- University Degree (Computer Science, Electronics, Physics, Mathematics)
- Advanced Mathematics skills
- Advanced C/C++ programming
- Knowledge of Image Processing applied in automotive industry (Classification, Feature extraction, Multi-scale signal analysis, Projection)
- Previous experience in a similar position – min 3 years or PHD in relevant field and 1 year in a similar position